Adorable rescued kitty
Last week my husband and I were driving along the highway heading to town and in the middle of the road, on the yellow painted divider I saw something tiny moving....after we zipped past it, I realized it was a kitten! I begged my husband to go back, we already have so many rescued animals he wasn't too thrilled about it, but I knew if we came home and I saw it as a splattered ink spot, I would feel guilty all my life about it. So he relented and took me back. There were cars zipping and weaving as we approached it and I thought for sure it was a goner!
However we managed to safely pull over about 15 feet away and I ran over to it. The poor thing was so scrawny and thin, it could hardly move! I called to it and it began to stagger over to me! However it wasn't moving fast enough so I ran over to it and picked it up and brought it back to the truck.
He was so frail and thin, he walked like a tin soldier, all stiff and wobbly! He would occasionally even fall over. But what an indomitable little spirit he had to survive with such a cute personality.
While I was playing a game on my iPad, he looked up and saw things moving on the screen and even tried to play with them. He even looks up and watches TV or a movie on my PC monitor!
After napping they like to play, usually all over the room, but I was able to capture them gently playing pretty much in the same spot on my bed. Take a look at them playing...it's just too adorable. They are now best of friends, these two. It's amazing how gently Lucy is with him.
![]() |
| This is the poor lil guy after I grabbed him from the highway! |
![]() |
| When we let him out after 3 days, he ran into an image of himself in the mirrored glass door and caused himself quite a fright! |
While I was playing a game on my iPad, he looked up and saw things moving on the screen and even tried to play with them. He even looks up and watches TV or a movie on my PC monitor!
'![]() |
| We finally named him CatMan, as he has a hero type mask and flys all over the room now. Here is a rare quiet moment with our puppy Lucy napping on our bed. |





Comments