Gonegosyo-55 Inspiring Stories of Women Entrepreneurs

Book jacket of Gonegosyo-55 Inspiring Stories of Women Entrepreneurs.
Dave Dewbre in back, Diana Limjoco, Helen Limjoco and President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo at the book launch of Gonegosyo's book,55 Inspiring Stories of Women Entrepreneurs
Left to right-Back, Dave Dewbre, Diana Limjoco,
Helen Limjoco, President Gloria M. Arroyo.
I am honored and humbled to be in Joey Conception's Gonegosyo book called - 55 Inspiring Stories of Women Entrepreneurs, which President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo formally launched. It is the Philippine Center for Entrepreneurship-Go Negosyo’s third book focusing on women entrepreneurship. It was held at the National Bookstore in Rockwell, Makati City, Feb. 26, 2009.

The book got prominent display at the National bookstore
at the Power Plant Mall at Rockwell. It became the #1 Best Selling
book in the non-fiction category that year!
So many people behind any success I had.  In the book I mentioned my friend as one of my mentors, Dennis Patterson. He taught me how to make websites and use photoshop. He literally forced them upon me, because he wanted me to be able to do something with my photos and experiences. He gave me two programs, Photoshop and Net Objects Fusion, which was a WYSIWIG program, or basically what you see is what you get, website making program. Without him, I wouldn't have been able to build this business with Dave.  I can't forget, and did mention in the book, my first cousin Joel Limjoco Pastor who was instrumental in putting up my first websites. He had his own server, and said, "Let me know what website you want and I will host your files.". He hosted our family site www.limjoco.net and all other sites I decided to put up along the way.

I had no idea what it took to  have your own web server. Joel,  maybe it was nothing to you, but you allowed me to explore this new entire adventure on the internet! I will never forget you and I will always be so grateful. We now have our own dedicated server for our websites, but Joel make it all happen for me.

Of course for our business, husband Dave Dewbre, was the perfect, and equal partner.  It was our combined skills and talents that amalgamated into the perfect fusion to sustain the business.  I must give credit to our most excellent team of web designers, warehouse staff and tech support people for a job well done in keeping the daily chores going smoothly and the corporation growing
annually. It's been an interesting ride.

I didn't have an easy time learning all of this web stuff, I was already 50 years old when I started. I had to force myself most of the time. But perseverance has paid off. Now blogging is my passion.

Read Joey Conception's Blog about the event. http://www.gonegosyo.info/blog/
To find out more about the Gonegosyo organization visit their websites

The book was the current best seller in non fiction category at National Bookstore at that time:
Col. Ramon A Limjoco, Dave Dewbre, Diana and Helen Limjoco, at Gonegosyo-55 Inspiring Stories of Women Entrepreneurs book launch Feb 26, 2009.
My father far left: Ramon A Limjoco, Dave Dewbre, me
my mom, Helen Limjoco far right.
My 89 year old dad Ramon Limjoco, my 83 year old mom Helen Limjoco, Dave Dewbre came out in support of Gonegosyo's book
Left to right. My father,Ramon and mom, Helen Limjoco, hubby,
Dave Dewbre, me. (Diana Limjoco)

Diana Limjoco, Helen Limjoco with President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.
Diana Limjoco, my mom Helen Limjoco and
President Gloria M Arroyo
Diana Limjoco's page in Gonegosyo's new book, 55 Inspiring Stories of Women Entrepreneurs.
My page is136 in the Book

Diana Limjoco and hubby Dave Dewbre in front of poster of Gonegosyo book.
My husband Dave Dewbre. EVC
At the National Bookstore Launch of the book at
the Power Plant mall at .ockwell

More photos at:

Net 25 TV: July 22, 2009 Probe Team with Cheche Lazaro Interview still shots
I also received the GoNegosyo Most Inspiring Batangueña Award for the Province of Batangas, Nov 2008
http://dianalimjoco.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html

Photos of Award Day on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10699&id=1063401730&l=2f40f

Comments

Anonymous said…
congratulations Madame! you are an inspiration to young Filipino women. Modern and confident. Im glad to have known you. Take care. :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Amazing Wedding- Singson- Michael - Jan. 4, 2010

How MCTV15- Channel 15 Started

Most Inspiring Batangueño Entrepreneur Award