The Only Poem

I wrote this poem when I was 9 or 10 years old. I didn't think about it, it just came rolling out of me. It's the first and last poem I ever wrote!

“Long ago in an ancient and forgotten land,

We strolled through green meadows hand in hand.

Eyes gazing upon a foamy billowy sea and there we sat, just you and me.

You told me stories of your adventurous youth,me, my girlish fantasies.

Oh! How we laughed, not a care in the world except for one another.

But that was long before life took us both Into her gaping mouth and sucked us into her belly.

Now not years but lifetimes since, I can still see your sparkling eyes and Eternal spirit.

And love is not the childhood dream I once held and lost.

It is more. Yes! much, much more.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Amazing Wedding- Singson- Michael - Jan. 4, 2010

How MCTV15- Channel 15 Started

Most Inspiring Batangueño Entrepreneur Award