Adorable rescued kitty

Last week my husband and I were driving along the highway heading to town and in the middle of the road, on the yellow painted divider I saw something tiny moving....after we zipped past it, I realized it was a kitten! I begged my husband to go back, we already have so many rescued animals he wasn't too thrilled about it, but I knew if we came home and I saw it as a splattered ink spot, I would feel guilty all my life about it. So he relented and took me back. There were cars zipping and weaving as we approached it and I thought for sure it was a goner!

This is the poor lil guy after I grabbed him from the highway!
However we managed to safely pull over about 15 feet away and I ran over to it. The poor thing was so scrawny and thin, it could hardly move! I called to it and it began to stagger over to me! However it wasn't moving fast enough so I ran over to it and picked it up and brought it back to the truck.

I had to de-f;ea the lil guy, clean his ears of mites, put ointment in his eye and get him fed
before we introduced him to our other rescue, a puppy named Lucy! Here they are trying to get to each other through the screen slider.
Holy moly, it was flea ridden, skinny as could be and had mucous in it's left eye. But it did seem grateful to have some comfort and it just sat peacefully in my lap. I called my mom, who lives in town where we were headed. She made up a box for it, and put in some milk and readied some ophthalmic eye medicine to put in it's eye. She's the best mom! I got my love of animals from her and my dad.
When we let him out after 3 days, he ran into an image of himself in the mirrored glass door and caused himself quite a fright!
He was so frail and thin, he walked like a tin soldier, all stiff and wobbly! He would occasionally even fall over. But what an indomitable little spirit he had to survive with such a cute personality.

While I was playing a game on my iPad, he looked up and saw things moving on the screen and even tried to play with them. He even looks up and watches TV or a movie on my PC monitor!

Here he is on the 3rd day, much stronger and very aware of his surroundings, especially games on my iPad! He trys to swipe at the moving things too. He especially enjoys any movies with animals in them.
'
We finally named him CatMan, as he has a hero type mask and flys all over the room now. Here is a rare quiet moment with our puppy Lucy napping on our bed.

After napping they like to play, usually all over the room, but I was able to capture them gently playing pretty much in the same spot on my bed. Take a look at them playing...it's just too adorable. They are now best of friends, these two. It's amazing how gently Lucy is with him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Amazing Wedding- Singson- Michael - Jan. 4, 2010

How MCTV15- Channel 15 Started

Most Inspiring Batangueño Entrepreneur Award